There are a few golden rules when it comes to coffee storage. Consider these to ensure your coffee is kept fresh for longer.
* Once the bag has been opened, reseal the bag ensuing you squeeze out any excess air.
* Most coffee bags will have a one way valve on them. This allows air to escape and avoids air entering the bag again.
* If you want to decant your coffee into another container, ensure it is free from smells from other food stuffs.
* Coffee does not need to be kept in the fridge or freezer. Simply store it in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. Like any food with a shelf life.
* Ideally, buy whole bean coffee and grind the coffee fresh your self and grind it just before brewing.