There’s a chill in the air and the nights are closing in, which can mean only one thing...
...it’s officially party season!
And as we get ready to deck the halls and rock around the Christmas tree, many of us are also looking forward to a cheeky tipple (or two) over the festive season.
As coffee lovers, one of our favourite concoctions is, without a doubt, the Espresso Martini.
Combining vodka, coffee liqueur and some freshly ground coffee, it’s no wonder this creamy yet refreshing drink has become one of the most popular cocktails in bars and restaurants all over the UK.
And as it turns out, this festive tipple is also loved by independent distiller, Esker Spirits. Based on the beautiful Kincardine Castle Estate on Royal Deeside, Esker distills gin right here in Aberdeenshire. But their talents don’t end there...
Esker’s Vanilla Vodka is a premium, smooth vodka distilled with their signature Silver Birch Sap in a traditional copper still, then blended with pure Scottish water and sweet natural vanilla. The perfect accompaniment to our full-bodied and juicy Seasonal House Blend coffee.
And right in time for the festivities, the lovely team over at Esker Spirits have put together a quick and easy Espresso Martini recipe, as well as offering up a couple of twists on the classic for an extra special treat.
Espresso Martini Recipe
- Dash of sugar syrup (dissolve 100g of caster sugar in 50ml of water over a low heat and once cooled, store in the fridge to use as needed)
- 50ml of Esker Spirits’ Vanilla Vodka
- 25ml of Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 50-75ml of freshly brewed Bennachie Coffee’s Seasonal House Blend coffee
- Pop some ice in a cocktail shaker so it’s about half way full.
- Add all your ingredients on top, adding the coffee last.
- With the top secured, shake up your concoction.
- When the outside of the shaker feels ice cold, double strain into a pre-chilled martini glass.
Twists on the Classic
Salted Caramel Espresso Martini
Simply swap out the sugar syrup for a dash of pre-made salted caramel sauce or syrup.
Hazelnut Espresso Martini
For this version, use Frangelico Hazelnut liqueur in place of Kahlua for a nutty twist!
Esker Spirits’ Vanilla Vodka is currently available as a special edition within their Vodka Ice Cube Gift Pack which contains four uniquely flavoured craft vodkas. The perfect Christmas gift, or a treat for yourself.
Our Seasonal House Blend is available in 250g or 1kg bags, so you can shake up plenty of Espresso Martinis for family and friends, and still have enough for a round of coffees the morning after the night before!
Now that’s what we call a Happy Holiday!